Ohhhhh, chocolate sesame. While it may sound like an odd couple at first, these two pair so beautifully together. This spread is sweet, savory and almost slightly nutty in flavor. It’s perfect to eat on toast, on pancakes, with fruit, OR if you’re anything like me, straight from the spoon.
The best part? Very little effort is required to make this spread. All you need is a blender, 5 ingredients, less than 5 minutes, and you’re good to go!
Let’s get started, shall we?
Here's what you need:
- 2 cups raw cashews (unsalted, unroasted)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup cacao powder, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup plain, unflavored tahini (I used 1/2 cup because I LOVE this flavor)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
Here's how to make it:
- In a high-speed blender, blend cashews and almond milk until smooth and creamy.
- Add maple syrup, tahini, and cacao powder, and blend again until creamy. That's it! You can store this in the fridge.