Feeling peckish? What better snack is there than Cookie Dough Protein Bars?! These 7-ingredient, vegan, gluten-free, refined-sugar-free (try to say that 5 times fast) protein bars take no more than 5 MINUTES to prepare. Oh, and they taste way better than store-bought, chemical-filled alternatives.
To make these bars, I used almond flour and coconut flour instead of traditional flours. So much healthier! The almond flour adds a sweet, nutty flavor, and the coconut flour helps it come together. Remember, coconut flour is very absorbent, making it perfect for recipes like this where you want that shapeable texture.
I also used Jarrow Formulas Optimal Plant Proteins vanilla protein powder—I find that some protein powders can be overwhelming, but this one worked well for this recipe. To sweeten these bars, I went with maple syrup, but feel free to use agave, or another liquid sweetener for a nice flavor. I added cashew butter for extra creaminess—it's the best nut butter to add to recipes when you're looking for a mild flavor. Using another nut butter, like peanut butter, would change the entire flavor of the bars (not in a bad way, but they wouldn't taste like plain cookie dough bars as you can imagine).
All you need to make these protein bars, aside from the ingredients, is a food processor. Enjoy this protein-rich snack, and feel free to comment more snack recipes you'd like to see from me!
Here's what you need:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Chocolate chunks, however many you like
Here's how to make them:
- To a food processor, add the coconut flour, almond flour, and vanilla protein powder. Pulse until combined.
- Add the maple syrup, cashew butter, and almond milk, and pulse again until the mixture sticks together. You should see it come together into a ball. That's how you'll know it's finished!
- Transfer mixture to a piece of parchment paper and fold in as many chocolate chunks (or chips) as you like.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out protein cookie dough into a square. Transfer to fridge for at least 30 minutes - 1 hour to firm up.
- When ready to serve, use a knife to cut into bars. This makes about 8!
For more DELICIOUS and healthy recipes check out my NEW "Sweet Life" recipe book: