I LOVE cookies, like A LOT. Soft cookies, crisp cookies, chewy cookies… I love them all.
A delicious twist on the classic oatmeal cookie, these Oatmeal Coconut Cookies are crisp, chewy and absolutely addictive. They are the ultimate cookie for any coconut lover. You won’t be able to eat just one, I can promise you that.
Here's what you need:
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1 cup Gluten Free Baking Flour (I use Bob's Redmill)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
Here's how to make them:
- To a mixing bowl, add oats, coconut flakes, baking flour, and coconut sugar, and mix.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and agave together.
- In a separate saucepan, dissolve baking soda in boiling water.
- Add baking soda/water mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add melted coconut oil to the mixture and mix well again.
- Roll into balls and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and flatten tops of cookies with a spatula if needed.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!