Your wish is my command. Many of you reached out on Instagram and said you wanted more smoothie bowls, so, I’m givin’ ya more smoothie bowls! Well… in a jar this time.
Let me just say, I understand your smoothie bowl obsession for breakfast because I certainly have it too, as some of you already know! There’s something so refreshing about waking up and starting your day with fruits. Not to mention, it’s a great way to add fruits to your daily diet if you have a hard time doing so.
Anyway, what better way to start the smoothie bowl movement than with Peanut Butter & Jelly? Yes, I know, I’m a bit obsessed with PB & J, but I’m sure you are too. If you are a fan of this flavor combo, see the recipe for PB & J Donuts.
The best part of this recipe? 4 ingredients total.
Here's what you need:
- 1 frozen banana
- 6 medium-large frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup almond milk (you can substitute with coconut milk)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 3 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp almond milk (can substitute with coconut milk)
Here's how to make it:
- Blend 1 frozen banana, 6 frozen strawberries & 1/3 cup nut milk until creamy.
- At first, it'll stop blending. Instead of adding more liquid, shut off the blender and use a spatula or spoon to mix, mash, and then continue to blend. Depending on your blender, the magic moment (when it starts to blend perfectly) may happen right away or may take a couple times of stopping and mashing.
- Scoop out half of the mixture to put at the bottom of your jar.
- Put the other half in a separate bowl until you have finished making the peanut butter mixture (so you can add it on top).
- Blend 2 frozen bananas, 3 Tbsp natural peanut butter & 2 Tbsp nut milk until creamy. This mixture will blend easier due to the creaminess of the banana and the peanut butter.
- Scoop out the mixture and put it on top of the first strawberry layer.
- Add the other half of the strawberry mixture on top! It'll disappear quite quickly, I'm warning you.