You asked for it... Peanut Butter Puffs Cereal! This is a re-creation of an all-time fave: Peanut Butter Panda Puffs.
If you know me at all, you may know about my childhood cereal addiction. Growing up and learning what crap actually goes into those cereals was a heart-break moment, as I cut them out of my diet. If you're reading this, you can probably relate.
Let's compare ingredients, shall we? The store-bought Peanut Butter Panda Puffs contains: whole grain corn meal, corn meal, cane sugar, peanut butter, soy oil, sea salt, tocopherols. Today's re-creation contains: quinoa puffs, extra virgin coconut oil, peanut butter (the completely natural kind with only one ingredient), and pure maple syrup.
Not only is this recipe made with only 4 ingredients total, it also takes only about 10-15 minutes to make (including baking time). Who can resist making something as simple as this?
But wait, it gets better.
This recipe serves 2, and each bowl contains almost 50g of protein!! Talk about the perfect start to the day!
Here's what you need:
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp peanut butter
- 3 cups quinoa puffs
Here's how to make it:
- To a mixing bowl, add coconut oil, maple syrup, and peanut butter, and mix well.
- Add the quinoa puffs and mix. Make sure the cereal is coated well with the peanut butter mixture.
- Transfer the cereal to a baking sheet and bake on 350F for 5 minutes, or until they start to turn golden brown.
- Set aside and allow to cool for 5 minutes. You may need to use your hands to separate whatever pieces stuck together.
- Serve with fresh almond milk!
For more DELICIOUS and healthy recipes check out my NEW "Sweet Life" recipe book: