Rice Krispies Treats were one of my favorite treats growing up! They're crispy, sticky, gooey, and oh-so-satisfying. The not-so-good part, though, is that ingredient list. You know the one.
Luckily, I've found a way to turn this delicious treat into a healthier version. And, the best part about this recipe is that it takes 15 minutes TOTAL to prepare, including prep time, baking time, cooling time… the whole thing. Easy and quick.
Here's what you need:
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
- 2 cups marshmallows (I use Dandie's Vegan Marshmallows)
- 3 cups rice cereal
Here's how to make it:
- In a saucepan, melt the vegan butter on medium heat.
- Add the marshmallows, and continue to stir until melted and easy to mix around.
- To a mixing bowl, add the rice cereal.
- Add the marshmallow mixture, and mix well.
- Once it's all mixed, transfer mixture to an 8x8 brownie tin, and use the bottom of a flat glass to press and flatten it out.
- Transfer to fridge to set and firm up!